Thursday, September 5, 2013

When you're not 'Feelin' Groovy'...

...

You just don't wanna be listening to Simon and Garfunkel.
 

Although I've always loved the 59th Street Bridge Song, I haven't been up to much cobblestone kicking since all the oral surgery.
 

I think my face has been actually feeling more like the lamp post in the song than anything lyrical...
 

My Dad would call this 'feelin' puny...'
 

But I would probably say I've been puny and whiny and grumpy and very attached to ice and heat packs on my face.
 

BUT...
 

I'm pokin' my head up today...
 

...and although I'm not feeling quite groovy, I'm almost to the point of feeling...
 

somewhat...
 

kinda...
 

sorta...
 

like me.
 
And kind of...
 
dappled and drowsy and ready to sleep!
 
And even though I'm not ready to let the morning time drop all it's petals on me.

Life, I love you...

All is (getting!) groovy.



post signature

15 comments:

Jo said...

Jenny, Jenny, Jenny .... wishing you lots of cheer and a very speedy recovery ... and thanks for bringing a bit of colour into my day even though you are down ...

Ames said...

Sorry to hear you are going through all of this. I hate dental work. God knows I have done everything I could to keep my real teeth in my head. Very painful and very expensive.

I hope you feel better soon and will be back to your groovy self.
~Hugs, Ames

Janie Junebug said...

I hereby declare that you WILL feel better very soon. There! That takes care of you. Other than this song, I think the only time anyone said groovy was on The Brady Bunch.

Love,
Janie

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

Peace and Love :)

You could also listen to : " I wanna new drug; one that does what it should" :)

now that song will go through my mind all through dinner prep ! :)

Busy Bee Suz said...

I'm so sorry you've been feeling puny. You've got to get over it soon....right?? No more lamp posts Jenny.
XOXO

Ms. A said...

Glad you weren't contemplating jumping off that bridge. If you do, let me know and I'll jump with you.

Theresa said...

Groovy, that's what we need to get Ms. Jenny to feeling... GROOVY:) Hope each day finds you feeling better and better! HUGS!

pasqueflower said...

Glad to know you're feeling at least a little better. I love S&G.

Anonymous said...

I'm so impressed that you can suffer dental pain and still be so funny! Sorry it's been rough.

Pat Tillett said...

I hate that stuff. I hope you've got pain killers. Remember, "alcohol may intensify the effect."

Pondside said...

Ah Jenny, BIG sympathy! I have been off line so long that I am just getting caught up this week, so will have to go back to find out what you've been up to. Sounds painful!

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

I know just how you feel, sweetie. It sucks! I've had three now and another one is scheduled at the end of the year...

It's amazing how much it has taken out of me, I have no energy, nada...

xxoo,

RMW

Susan Anderson said...

Oral surgery is so painful. I hope you are feeling much better VERY soon.

=)

RNSANE said...

Ugh, oral surgery....I'd rather have another shoulder replacement. I'm glad you are recovering and feeling better.

Rita said...

I'm very late catching up with posts. You should be all better by now, but I've been there, done that, and almost ached just reading this. Love Simon and Garfunkel!!! Glad to have this ear worm. ;)