Friday, September 20, 2013

Amazing Face

This little one hundred word story is linked to week 178 of Saturday Centus.   To read other links, just click here.
  
 
He opens his eyes…slowly.
 
I see his walnut brown eyes dazzle into understanding.
 
“Ahhh, I think I know you!” he communicates in silence.
 
His long, dark lashes sweep across the perfect peach of his cheek.
 
He looks at me again.
 
A hint of a smile starts to form on the arch of his perfect rose lips.
 
“Ahhhh, I’m almost certain I know you!”
 
The silence is broken with a gurgle.
 
His eyes open wider as he realizes for certain who I am.
 
There is no word for the emotion that fills my heart.
His “it’s my Grandma!” smile dazzles me.
 
post signature

12 comments:

Self Sagacity said...

Awww. You've got a great inspiration for your writing. smiles.

Jo said...

Awwwww ... this is so sweet ... and moments like that truly are "amazing"

Rita said...

and I shall add, too--awwww! I'm jealous. ;)

Amy said...

So sweet! That special smile of recognition is powerful and magical, isn't it?

lissa said...

oooh how sweeet! the joy of being a grandmother, yes, so very sweet.

hope you have a great day.

Flat Creek Farm said...

Oh, the sweetness...! Pure Adorableness. I look forward to receiving "that look" one day myself ;) hugs, Tammy

pasqueflower said...

What a sweet post. Grandbabies are the best day brighteners ever.

Viki said...

What a sweet looking little guy.

EG CameraGirl said...

You wrote this so well that his smile dazzles me too, and I can almost feel the emotion in your heart.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

He is so cute....you are so blessed!

Susan Anderson said...

So, so happy for you.

And only just the littlest bit jealous.

;)

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

It's amazing how much babies can communicate without words. (Such a cutie!)