Friday, February 22, 2013

What was the question?

Oh my gosh. I'm actually writing something for Saturday Centus. This little poem is linked to week 147 of Saturday Centus. The prompt is in bold! And it's EXACTLY one hundred and five words.  To read other stories using this prompt, just click here.


You call me at dinner!
You call in the morning!
You call me all day
without suitable warning!
You ask me so sweetly,
“How are you today?”
And I’m hoping my reply
blew you away.
Sickness
and moving
and family drama!
My dad has been ill
and so has my Momma.
Kidney stones!
Pleurisy!
My dog has a lump!
My vacuum is broken!
I live in a dump!
My identity’s been stolen
by someone on a spree!
I hope this’ll teach you
not to telemarket ME!
And now I must ask YOU,
Aren’t you sorry you asked!
"How am I today?"
I’ve reached critical mass.
post signature

6 comments:

"Alone again.... naturally!" said...

This post has been quite timely I must say as I just got off the phone to one of our newspapers...no I don't want to subscribe...no, I don't want to tell you why....and please take me off of your phone list...THANKS!
Some I have had to block and in fact my blocked list is full!! But I have to laugh that the one that calls several times a day and the phone only rings once and then hangs up on them, just can't take a hint, lol

21 Wits said...

Yep, when life gets me down, there's that pick-me up quote about feeling like a hammer and everything around me is a nail! But I'd rather follow the thoughts of Helen Keller, "One can never consent to creep when one feels the impulse to soar" - from The Story of My Life.
Roar on sister!

Eden House News and views said...

How cleverly written , I will be experiencing
Moving soon. Big hugs

Busy Bee Suz said...

This is written so well....but I hope it is all made up stuff!!! XO

Splendid Little Stars said...

awesome! --the writing, NOT the experiences!
hugs!

Amy said...

Ha! The revenge is so sweet. Actually tell them how you are when they rudely interrupt everything. :)