Saturday, November 27, 2010

Saturday Centus - Week 30

Jenny Matlock
Welcome to week thirty of Saturday Centus.

STOP! If you didn't read the end SC's from last week, please take a moment to do so. Just work backwards until you find out where you left off. I feel really bad that the people at the end don't get read.

Thanks!

Now on to regular SC biz...In case you've forgotten...

This is a themed writing meme. You can use UP to 100 words to tell your story. The prompt does not count for your 100 words AND it must be left intact in the body of your story. No illustrations are permitted. Your story can be fact or fiction, just keep it PG, please!

You have the entire week to link your work to the meme and you can link more than one story if you like.

Please display link button or just a hyper-link back to Saturday Centus. Be careful to link your SC URL to the Linky and not just link to your main blog.

I would suggest that since these are so short, if you can't think of a title just use your blog name as the title in the Linky.

Try to visit each one because there are some amazing writers participating in this meme. Since the links are so short they are also a fun and quick read.

Please e-mail me directly with ???'s or ask your question in a comment and I will do my best to get back to you as soon as possible.

This weeks we have a unique prompt supplied by Clearspace...a regular contributor to SC. Here are the instructions for this week:

This weeks prompt writing will be one with a twist. You know those horoscopes in newspapers? One of those will be your new prompt. Pick one randomly from a paper or a website and write a story <100 words about the kind of day that horoscope "predicts".

Thanks Clearspace for making us think this week!

Link anytime between now and next Saturday morning.

post signature

8 comments:

Cheryl said...

I missed the point entirely. D'OH! I'm leaving it up for laughs.

Viki said...

I didn't quite get this one but I did it. I'm not sure it was correct if there is such a thing with Centus LOL. I'm anxious to see what others will come up with.

Susan Anderson said...

I'm ducking out this week with too many people in my house to even think straight, but I'll look forward to reading everyone's offerings...

=)

RockiBottom said...

I love this idea! I thought it would be really fun, and it is except....
the 100 word limit is KILLING ME this week!!!! I need at least 115!
If I cheat and sneek in extra words, will I be banned from SC for life? LOL

Judie said...

This was quite a challenge! I am anxious to read your!!!

Jackie said...

I had to cut down my story too but the main point is still there I hope. I am liking this week even though horoscopes are to be rejected .I don't read them , but the stars are very real and I have always thought astrology had a lot to do with the psyche aspect of our lives of which I am a total mess lol

Ames said...

I'm scratching my head on this one. So I turned it over to my evil twin and let her take a stab at it. Looking forward to reading yours. ~Ames

Kat said...

Another rough week for me, but I managed to come up with something. This should be interesting! Kat