Saturday, November 6, 2010

Saturday Centus - Week 27

Jenny Matlock
Welcome to week twenty-seven of Saturday Centus.

STOP! If you didn't read the end SC's from last week, please take a moment to do so. Just work backwards until you find out where you left off. I feel really bad that the people at the end don't get read.

Thanks!

Now on to regular SC biz...In case you've forgotten...

This is a themed writing meme. You can use UP to 100 words to tell your story. The prompt does not count for your 1000 words AND it must be left intact in the body of your story. No illustrations are permitted. Your story can be fact or fiction, just keep it PG, please!

You have the entire week to link your work to the meme and you can link more than one story if you like.

Please display link button or just a hyper-link back to Saturday Centus. Be careful to link your SC URL to the Linky and not just link to your main blog.

I would suggest that since these are so short, if you can't think of a title just use your blog name as the title in the Linky.

Try to visit each one because there are some amazing writers participating in this meme. Since the links are so short they are also a fun and quick read.

Please e-mail me directly with ???'s or ask your question in a comment and I will do my best to get back to you as soon as possible.

This weeks prompt, is:

"It was the 11th Anniversary of..."

Link anytime between now and next Saturday morning.

post signature

12 comments:

noexcuses said...

I'm curious as to where the number 11 comes in. I enjoyed this one. Thanks again for hosting. It starts my Saturday off well!

Liz

Susan Anderson said...

Is anyone else having trouble with Claudia's link? It's taking me to blogger instead of to her blog.

"/

Kim Lehnhoff said...

I couldn't get to Claudia's post, either...she must have put in the wrong link.

Some great submissions here!

Jackie said...

This ones hard . I'm still stuck on the first sentence :( and don't know what to write but I love reading everyones centus. Claudias link isn't working for me either.

Amanda- The Nutritionist Reviews said...

This is a neat idea! I never have heard of writing little stories like that on a blog before : )

I just found your blog on the Spotlight Saturday Blog Hop!! Have a great weekend.

Amanda @ www.nutritionistreviews.com

Anonymous said...

11th anniversary...??? hmmm....

Kat said...

Sorry, Jenny, could not keep this at 100 words. So I wrote 2. Payback for the little 50 word challenge? Me? Never. This prompt let me explore some things I hadn't thought of in many years, so thank you! Hugs, Kat

Tgoette said...

Jenny I have to say that this little prompt has generated some really smart and creative writings this week. Even from people from the South! LOL! Thanks again for being the Mr. Miyagi to our Daniel-san!

Kat said...

You know Jenny, Tom is right. This has been a really good week. Even from those folks in LA. It's good to know that all that botox hasn't completely addled their brains. HA!
Now, I'm calling a truce with Tom. Otherwise Miss Jenny may send us both to time out :) Kat

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Hugs, Jenny!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Judie said...

I have read all of them, but I am sitting this one out. I am not feeling very creative right now. It was an excellent prompt, however!

Unknown said...

I am late posting my SC. It's already Monday. But I promise all of you, I have not read anyone else's text yet. If my text is like yours, it is purely a coincidence.
Now that I have posted I can look at what others have written. I am so curious. My guess is that this prompt could be used in many different ways.

I still have comment moderation for my 'G as in Giveaway'-post. So don't be surprised if your comment just disappears. But I will try to publish them as quickly as I can.
Best wishes,
Anna